Saturday, December 22, 2018
This year's Yule Festival has been eagerly anticipated and welcomed with equal joy. Of all LOTRO's festivals, this is my absolute favorite. There's a large variety in the cosmetics offered (robes, cloaks, tunics, and dresses) through quests and vendors, as well as a multitude of titles, steeds, and a beautifully designed Yule portrait frame. Of course, I can't neglect mentioning the gorgeous belegaer blue dye! If you haven't seen the latest rewards, other than the robe pictured in this blog entry, I'd suggest checking out Wandering Around Arda's preview. If you're like me and have had little time to spare for LOTRO this holiday season, this link may help you make some time.
Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Hymne from Cosmetic Lotro, Nathrien from Material Middle-earth, and Gloredh from Wandering Around Arda are honored and excited to announce aYule Outfit Contest! We humbly ask all of our enthusiastic outfitters to embrace their creativity this season and design fantastic Yule or Winter themed outfits for wonderful prizes!
First prize: 1550 LOTRO Points
Second prize: Perlino steed (account wide code)
Third prize: Hauberk of the Mithril Guard (account wide code)
- Representative of the Yule spirit or Wintry ambiance.
- Originality of the overall design.
- Integration of the various pieces used.
- Blending of dye colors.
- Overall impression and quality of the screenshot.
How to enter the contest:
- The contest begins on Wednesday December 19th, 2018. Entries may be submitted until midnight Eastern Standard Time on Sunday January 6th, 2019.
- To enter the Yule Outfit Contest, send your entry to email@example.com with the subject line “Yule Outfit Contest”.
- An entry consists of ONE screenshot. The image may be cropped but should be at least 800px wide.
- You may enter a maximum of three screenshots, but each entry must be sent in a separate email.
- Your entry must include the following information: the name, class and level of the character in the screenshots, the server the character resides on, all armor and outfit pieces used in the screenshots and their respective dye colors.
Winning entries may be featured on all three Outfit Blogs.
Prizes will be awarded for First, Second and Third Place and are sponsored by Cosmetic Lotro, Material Middle-earth, and Wandering Around Arda. All decisions will be made by these blogs at their sole discretion and are final.
Have fun and good luck everyone!
Saturday, December 1, 2018
Can I say how much I've loved having Bullroarer? Whenever I've finished testing what I wanted to test, and after giving appropriate feedback of course, I like to indulge my outfitting urges. Thanks to the Eyes and Guard Tavern located in Archet and Thorin's Hall, many of LOTRO's currencies are infinite. I've created or transferred multiple characters and completed the dailies found in the Tavern to cap my commendations, stockpile mithril coins, or collect whatever else I've desired. I'd been waiting for an opportunity to create this outfit, one that complimented the Great Axe of the Khazad-dûm Vaults, a weapons periodically available in the LOTRO Store.